Extra deep fitted sheets are a great solution for those who want to protect their mattress and box spring from spills and accidents.
Additionally, extra deep fitted sheets will provide a bit more coverage in case of an accident that does happen on your bed. Providing an extra depth to your protective layer, you’ll create a shield that will be more resistant to stains and sagging.
This post is coming at you with knowledge about the benefits of extra deep sheets, how they compare with other types of bedding such as flat sheets or twin-sized sheet sets, and some different price points when it comes to finding the right one for your home décor preferences.
What is an extra deep fitted sheet?
They are simply extra deep fitted sheet sets. These sets feature an extra layer of fabric so that your mattress and box spring are protected from spills and accidents. They also provide a bit more coverage than usual bed sheets and twin-sized sheet sets, which tend to be thinner and not as thick as the extra-deep sheets.
Pros and cons
There are many benefits to using extra deep sheets over flat sheets. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Protects your mattress and box spring from spills and accidents.
- Extra luster to the sheets provides more style than flat sheets offer.
- More coverage than flat sheets offers so there is less chance of stains on the bedding.
- The excess weight of the excess fabric can be removed easily, leaving your bed with a smooth finish, similar to that of the extra-deep fitted sheet sets themselves.
- Keeps your deep mattress protected by creating a shield for it preventing damage caused by spills and accidents on the bed.
- Good quality sheets that will last a long time, being able to protect your mattress from wear and tear that occurs from regular use.
- Can be washed frequently, which means you get to get the most out of the bedding without having to spend a lot of money on new sheets.
- One good thing about extra-deep sheets is that they can accommodate a variety of mattress sizes. If you have a smaller mattress, there will probably be a size available for you to fit it perfectly. Beats buying another set to hold this one in place!
- One universal negative with this product is that the extra fabric usually adds around 5 minutes to the overall drying time for your bedding.
How much does it cost?
An extra deep fitted sheet in the UK can cost between £16.99-£49.00. Prices vary depending on the brand, type, and if they are made from natural or synthetic fabrics.
How to Choose?
You may notice that there are many different types of extra deep fitted sheets. This can be confusing if you haven’t shopped for sheets before.
Here are a few tips to help you shop for the best extra-deep sheets:
- Buy a set that is a size larger than your mattress. For example, if you have a queen-sized mattress, buy a king-size fitted sheet. Choose a soft fabric, such as percale cotton or microfiber.
- Take a trip to a local bedding store and decide which extra-deep fitted set you’d like to start with. Look at the other colours, thread counts, and materials to determine what you want before purchasing.
- You can always buy your first set from a local store and then purchase more from the comfort of your own home afterward. This will give you a chance to compare products side-by-side, saving you time in the long run.
- Read customer reviews and look at product features before making a purchase. There are plenty of sites online with exclusive offers, so you don’t have to spend hours reading the tags in local stores.
To summarize, extra deep fitted sheets can provide all the protection you need for your mattress and box spring while adding a bit more style to your bedding set.
What to Consider When Buying?
The price of extra deep fitted sheets can vary greatly depending on the type and how many you get in a set.
When you shop for fitted sheets from a store it’s important to make sure they carry an excellent brand in case you’re having problems with them in the future. You don’t want to buy a set of sheets and then have them rip at the seams by the first time you wash them.
The best-fitted sheets are made from high-quality materials that will prevent bedding from getting stained or torn. If you’re concerned about stains even after washing, look for fitted sheets that are made with natural fibers such as cotton or organic cotton.
Synthetic fabrics such as polyester and poly-cotton tend to be less durable than natural fibers and will wear out much quicker than their more expensive counterparts.
What Types are Available?
When you go shopping for extra deep sheets you might notice there is an extensive range.
Here are some of the most popular types:
Most high-quality fitted sheets tend to be made from cotton as this material is comfortable and affordable. Look for 100% Egyptian cotton as this will provide a smooth texture that won’t be rough on your skin and will remain durable after many washes.
This is another popular type of material used in extra deep sheets due to its soft and lightweight feel and naturally breathable structure. A silk-filled sheet set will provide a protective layer without adding too much weight to the bedding.
This is a high-quality fabric that is often used in bedding and towels. It’s also breathable and can be used year-round. This is the type of material you want to look for if you want to feel cool on a hot day or warm on a cold night.
Extra Deep Fitted Sheets vs. Flat Sheets
Most people are familiar with flat sheets, but not everyone has much experience when it comes to extra deep sheets. Here are some of the main differences between the two types of bedding:
- Extra deep sheets are made from thicker material than regular fitted sheets. This means they won’t move around on your mattress, even if you have a thicker mattress or box spring that sags in the middle.
- Extra-deep fitted sheet sets usually have extra fabric that covers the sides of your bed, which prevents spillage from damaging your mattress and box spring.
- Most flat sheets are sized for twin mattresses while most extra-deep sheets are sized for queen or king beds. This is because the extra fabric of the fitted sheets is wider than that of a flat sheet, which means you can cinch it to fit larger bed sizes.
- Extra-deep sheets are usually made from high-quality fabric that is breathable on your skin.
- This type also makes it easy to maintain your bedding so you can use it regularly without worrying about stains or tears.
Extra deep fitted sheets are a great option if you have mattress toppers that are larger than regular queen-size mattresses. They are also great as occasion gifts to surprise the recipient. Gifts may be various, but this one will surely be the best.
By buying a set of extra deep sheets you can always have the extra coverage your mattress needs when it’s chilly out in the winter or hot in the summer.
By choosing to go with a higher thread count, you can rest assured that the fabric in your extra deep fitted sheet set will be durable and won’t cause any problems in your bedding.